Market Researcher (担当課長/課長）
【Overall Job Purpose】
The role of Market Research is to provide market insights regarding customers through the use of primary and secondary market research for the development of brand and affiliate marketing strategies. Additionally, Market Research is involved in tracking performance on various marketing measures through the use of primary research. Market Research not only executes the respective studies required, but more importantly, provides strategic recommendations to the internal business partners such as brand teams and affiliate management. Market Research is typically involved in the strategic development of the brands as a partner within the marketing organization.
• Design and execute primary market research studies for brands in diabetes space.
• Communicate strategic insights and recommendation based on primary market research/secondary research conducted, to internal, cross-functional stakeholders as well as stakeholders within partner Pharma Company.
• Inform global market research team with solid Japan voice when a global study is conducted in Japan to develop global brand strategies and tactics.
• Leverage secondary/past research data sources to identify insights through synthesis.
• Improve on existing market research methods to gather customer insights more effectively and efficiently; this may include piloting new methodologies, leveraging existing programs, etc.
• Share learnings across market research organization locally and globally to develop best practices and improve local market research execution
・ Identify data sources, such as secondary data, syndicated reports, multi-client studies etc. for market research usage
Required Experience and essential skill / license are mandatory for hiring
• Preferably 3 years, at least 1 year of Marketing Research experience at a strategic analysis level
• Market research experience either at client or vendor side (Experience of planning, fielding, analysis and recommendation of primary market research projects) except for those companies only operate as internet quant market research data collectors
• Collaboration with global counterpart, preferably in the market research field
• Cross-cultural experience, preferably working abroad
• Business level in English(TOEIC 800+)
• Fluent in Japanese (JLPT N1 level)
• Strong analytical skills including entry-level social statistics knowledge
• Strong communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Working across diverse functions
• Healthcare knowledge
• Project Management
• IT literacy including business PC applications, online meetings, etc.
• Pharmaceutical market experience at a strategic analysis level is preferred but not a MUST
• Experience working with healthcare database such as IQVIA, prescription data, reimbursement data, etc.